Tuesday, January 09, 2007

What Tom Gets Up To When Left To Himself....

Well, Alison has fled to France (again), and my family went on holidays up to Coffs Harbour for a week yesterday, so today i was pretty bored. So, what did i do with myself?

I made a pie, of course!


As you can see, it was actually 2 pies, because Woolies didn't have large enough base thingies. Yes, i admit it, i didn't make the bases, but that was because the recipe told me to go out and buy ready-made bases!
I did make the filling, though, from scratch, using raw ingredients, and ALL BY MYSELF! Ha, and you all thought i would never be domesticated enough to cook for myself. This now brings my cooking repertoire up to Pizza Muffins, Toast and Chocolate Pie! At least i have all the essentials covered :)

More evidence of my making-ness:

See! See that right there! That is mess in the kitchen sink from MY OWN COOKING!!!! Using ingredients which i went and bought from the shops!!!! No packet pie here.

Oh, and it was (is, there is still a lot left for me to eat!) very very yummy.

5 Comments:

At 5:49 am, Blogger rainweb said...

LOL.
"fled" ... whatever
you know what you could have done to keep me in the country of course dont you? BRIBED ME WITH ONE OF THOSE PIES!!!
they look awesome baby, im so very proud of you. yay for tom and his cooking mess, even though he didnt email me today.
lol, they call me subtle...
miss you miss you miss you
miss you miss you miss you
lol, maybe we should leave tom on his own more often....
it all depends,of course, on whether or not tom would have made one of those if i was around.
im so pathetic, i miss you so much i was studying those pictures to be able to see more of the house i miss coz it houses my beloved who is....housed. there.
dont make yourself sick on pie.
email me.
xxxxx 2 stereotypical queenslanders strut towards town.
love me.
ps xxx

 
At 11:33 pm, Blogger Eh? said...

Yeah but you would've taken one of the pies and left anyways hehehe :P

Mate I don't know if you can make it, but IF u can, my place on saturday for poker. Starting at about 7ish. Of course transport is a problem, but just a minor detail :P

Bring a pie while you're at it so we can get Ali guilty for fleeing the country *nods* :)

 
At 6:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chocolate pie... never heard of it, but it looks great!! :-) Well done Tom! You can come and cook it for us in the House of Snnnnn if you like. :-) He he he.

 
At 11:43 pm, Blogger Kat said...

Thats a mad looking pie. check out www.pimpmysnack.com for some really crazy mess. so when is our girl coming back? i know she told me but i never listen...
Anyhoo. How are you and the pies going?

 
At 1:57 am, Blogger Rebecca Johnson said...

A VERY BELATED REPLY:

Wow! I am very impressed! Of course, all I've been making lately is cookies with a 4yr old so I would probably be impressed with toast, but still WOW! Very good job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home